Originally opened in 1952 as McGraw Memorial Hall, Welsh-Ryan Arena in Evanston is the home to Northwestern University basketball. Both Northwestern men and women use the venue. Currently the smallest basketball stadium in the Big Ten Conference, Welsh-Ryan holds 8,117 seats. The venue hosted the 1956 NCAA Final Four. Welsh-Ryan also hosts Northwestern women's volleyball and the successful men's wrestling program. The arena located next to Ryan Field is located almost a mile from Northwestern's Evanston campus but is easily accessible by the CTA Purple Line.