Chicago Venue Guide: Soldier Field Parking and Tailgating Info
Going to a Bears game? Not sure whether you need to buy a parking pass ahead of time or if a lot is tailgate-friendly? You’re in luck. Here’s a comprehensive guide to All Things Soldier Field Parking. Plan ahead for your next Bears game and save yourself the time and hassle of being unprepared. You don’t want that food to spoil in the trunk of your car because you bought a pass in a non-tailgate lot now, do you? (Although with Chicago winters, you would probably be okay anyways!)
Soldier Field Parking Map
All Soldier Field parking lots open four hours before kickoff and Soldier Field gates open two hours before kickoff.
Parking Options on Game Day
- Adler Planetarium Lot – recreational vehicles, campers, buses and cars (coupons and limited $46 cash payment available)
- CAMPERS & RV’S can park at the Adler Planetarium lot ($130) just northeast of Soldier Field. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Prepaid parking is also available for buses, limos, and RVs/campers at http://soldierfield.clickandpark.com/. (Important note if traveling with RV/Bus/Campers: overnight parking is not available. Entry into parking lot is not available until four hours prior to game on game day.)
- Burnham Harbor Lot – after boating season (coupons and limited $70 cash payment available)
- Soldier Field East Museum Lot (coupon required)
- Soldier Field North Garage (coupon required)
- The North Garage is split into two passes, Orange North and Blue North
- Orange North Parking Garage passes allow for entry and exit from McFetridge Drive near the Field Museum
- Blue North Parking Garage passes allow for exit only on McFetridge Drive. Entry into the Blue North Garage is on 18th Street only (entrance for all other parking locations on-site)
- Soldier Field South Lot (coupon required)
- Soldier Field South Lot Premium – first 50 spots (or so) nearest to the stadium in the South Lot (coupon required)
- Soldier Field Waldron Deck (coupon required)
- 31st Street Parking Lot (shuttle service provided – cash and coupons available)
- McCormick Place Lake Side Center Underground Garage (cash only)
- Millennium Park Garage ($30 cash or credit card) with free shuttle service to and from Soldier Field. For more information on parking at the Millennium Garages specifically for Bears games, click here.
For lots requiring a coupon, you can purchase individual game coupons at Gold Coast Tickets. If a lot says “Cash Available”, they mean cash, no credit cards.
If you plan to tailgate…
You can only tailgate in the space immediately behind your car and if you are planning a tailgate with more than one car, you must enter the lot at exactly the same time, one vehicle behind the other. Tents, umbrellas or anything taking up more than the space between your car is prohibited. Grills are not allowed in enclosed garages such as the lower level of the Waldron Deck or the North Garage.
Tailgating is allowed on all surface lots and on the upper level (only) of the Waldron Deck. If you plan on tailgating at the Waldron Deck parking lot, it is strongly advised that you arrive very early to get a spot on the top deck. If you do not get a spot on the top, you will not be allowed to tailgate in the lower levels of the parking garage.
You can enter the lots four hours before kickoff but there is no tailgating allowed during the game. After the game you can tailgate a little bit, but the lots will close two hours after the end of the game.