The Unofficial-Official Start of Spring
Yes, the calendar says spring officially starts on March 20, but in my opinion, spring doesn’t start until 7:40 a.m. EST on Thursday April 7 when the opening tee shots are hit by Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus. The Masters represents a sign of rebirth, warmth and beauty. As a result, Masters tickets are one of the toughest tickets to get your hands on in the world.
Even though tickets for the Masters are not expensive, they are not easy to obtain. Tickets for practice rounds (Monday through Wednesday) require that people fill out an application a year in advance and the winning applicants are chosen at random. Tickets to the actual tournament (Thursday through Sunday) are sold exclusively to members of the patrons list, which is a ridiculously exclusive list. Yeah, this process does sound is a little elitist, confusing and a bit medieval.
I am pretty sure it’s the only ticket in the world where the viewer must fill out an application just for a chance to get a ticket, comment below to let us know if there are other event(s) that do this.
Gold Coast Tickets is sold out of Masters tickets this year, but we’ll have more next year. Be sure to jump on those quickly.
So, if you were able to get your hands on these scarce, coveted tickets, congratulations! You just landed one of the hottest tickets in all of sports for the entire year. Even though I am sure it was a battle to get the ticket, and from the stories I’ve heard the next battle to fight is lodging, but don’t worry, there are some definite positives.
- The opportunity to walk around on the hallowed grounds of Augusta National is sometimes referred to as a religious experience. People have been known to literally steal blades of grass and bring them home.
- The tournament is the most exclusive event in the world of golf, and as a result all the best players are there from around the world, making it one of the deepest fields in all of golf.
- Even though Gold Coast Tickets sold out of Masters tickets, we are still selling ‘Masters Hospitality‘ for those lucky fans who were able to get the badges. The Lodge on Heath is a place located less than 150 feet from Gate 9 of Augusta National, it provides patrons convenient access to course, among other things. This place of refuge provides a variety of amenities including a wide selection of menu items and an open bar.
- It is one of the hilliest golf courses in the world, so walking around all day is whole other event by itself. It will be quite a workout and some serious winter fat will be burned.
- Speaking of food, good news. I bet you’re thinking, “I go to a Cubs game, if I get a sandwich and a beer it’s costing me at least 15 dollars. I am at one of the most exclusive events in the world, it’s got to be at least triple that.” Wrong, wrong, wrong. A beer and a sandwich will cost you in total: $3.50 (Yes, that is not a typo)
- With this year’s Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 featuring Augusta National and the Par 3 course, you can play it then walk it live for the first time ever, or walk the course all day, then play the game.
- Generally it’s sunny and in the 70′s or 80′s all week, and who doesn’t love that?
- Lastly, all the azaleas and other flowers will be in full bloom, as always, redefining “aesthetically pleasing.”
Also if you were unable to get to see the competition at Augusta at The Masters, just wait until they come to us, for the BMW Championship.